3rdWorld

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
Neko

A Couple Things

So I’ve jus registered here browsed around and just thought of a few improvements - I hope some are taken into consideration.

All will have a detailed explanation on why I think they’ll be viable to the forum and what use they will provide.

1. Mobile Friendly Theme 

Im currently on mobile and struggling to make much use out of the forum on Safari, maybe just the browser but some things seem a bit out of place, profile editing options are very limited, as well as post editing such as bullet points, alignment and such, I think it can be improved I’ve time and isn’t a big need.

2. 2FA Authentication 

Again I’m unable to check if the forum offers 2FA support but I’m sure many users would make use of this for extra security within their account.

3. Feedback System 

This isn’t a big need unless you have a marketplace, it allows users to leave feedback on other members and the trade experience, good, neutral or bad.

Others - 

Leech Level 

According to research in IPB it can be made with advanced user profile info plugin with a ratio of posts:threads in certain sectors, I know in MyBB it works the same but obviously every thing is different.

Raffles/Lottery

Allow users to have a fun side of the forum hosting raffles for memberships or such, or allow users to host raffles for giveaways etc, brings the community together and encourages users to post, as points can be gained and used towards the raffle(s)

• Like 1

Also I read the FAQ and saw that the forum does not support carding.

i understand a lot of people seem carding to be frowned upon but majority of the time it can make a forum blow, if your concerned about the FBI allow it in paid for sectors and hidden from guests keeps it more on the down low and a bit more hidden.

Although it’s understandable if his is ultimately - denied

most of these are a good idea and are being worked on. everything is good besides carding itll never slide. but thanks for these :pepolove:

35 minutes ago, Pured said:

most of these are a good idea and are being worked on. everything is good besides carding itll never slide. but thanks for these :pepolove:

I understand the carding thing to an extent as stated it is very frowned upon - in every way possible.

Here are some additional suggestions.

• PGP Encryption / Ability to add PGP Keys to profile.
  • Limited System for members
    If a member reaches above a certain warning level they get limited to where they can post in certain areas of 3rdW.

I'll add more when I think of more.

I hate that leech level, but it is what it is. Some people cant contribute and others can, if have no idea how to do these things a user won't be able to contribute. But as long as they are active in other threads i feel it shouldn't be warranted to ban them for not contributing.  I do understand a user who comes on, says thanks and only does that to unlock a thread is acceptance for a ban/warning.  Just my 2 cents